Friday, September 19, 2014

The Holy Spirit in Mission



     The Holy Spirit had a huge impact on the church after Jesus ascended to heaven. What Luke makes apparent in Acts is that the Holy Spirit is a confirmation that Jesus is still alive and at work in His people. The Holy Spirit is the presence of Jesus in the life of a Christian. As seen all throughout the gospels, Jesus’ mission was to work to the fulfill God’s mission. Because the Holy Spirit is another part of Jesus and God, the Trinity, when we have the Spirit in us, we have the same mission as God. The Holy Spirit allows us to have the power, courage and strength of God to do missions.
     As I prayed with the presence of the Holy Spirit about missions, I prayed for those very things. I prayed for the empowerment and courage and strength of God to fill me daily as I live for His mission. I prayed for the people who I will interact with for the rest of my life, that God would already be working in hearts that I would be allowed to touch, and that He would be planting seeds for me to water as well as allowing me to plant seeds to be watered by others. I was inspired and empowered to be bold for God and pray more specifically about missions and God’s mission through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment